Pet Friendly Policy
Dogs love it at Trevalgas Farm
The house is spacious enough to accommodate small or large breed dogs without feeling they are under your feet.
The large kitchen diner has a vinyl/washable floor making life easy after that walk on the beach or in the woods. Both lounges are carpeted which are particularly favourable to our greyhound guests who prefer something a little softer to stretch out on.
Outside there is plenty of room for a game of ball and chuck-it or the fenced paddock to run free.
- Enclosed area in front of the house (gravelled)
- Large lawned area, perfect for ball games. Partly fenced
- 3 acre paddock. Stock fenced.
- Walks from the house
- 2 dog beds(on request), bowls, poo bags
- Just over a mile from dog friendly beaches
- Most pubs, cafes and restaurants in Bude are dog friendly.
- 5 mins walk from the pub (dog friendly)
Pet Terms and Conditions
We allow dogs, (any other type of pet must be agreed in writing before arrival). Dogs have to be booked in and paid for. (£20 per dog, per stay entered). We accept two dogs, we may allow more but this must be agreed in advance. We do not accept dogs under 6 months old. In order to maintain our high standard for everyone to enjoy (including our dog free guests), it is necessary that guests bringing dog(s) agree to these conditions.
Additional Terms and Condition for guests bringing their dog(s):
- On arrival, and at all other times, your dog(s) must be kept on the lead in and around the driveway, stables area and anywhere close to the donkeys.
- Once they’re out in the designated fields or designated gardens they can be off the lead as much as you like provided they are under your control.
- They must not chase any livestock/donkeys or wildlife. You must obey the Countryside Code and keep your dog(s) under close control at all times for their own safety as well as for the benefit of other dog owners and livestock.
- Please be aware there may be other animals in some of our fields.
- Poop patrol! When taking your dog(s) for a walk, please pick up after them including in our fields and the garden areas, as these are open to all guests. We provide free poop bags and a dedicated poop bins so please use them.
- When you bring a muddy dog back from a walk, please clean them off using the outside taps and the coloured canine towels provided. On no account use the white towels provided for human use.
- Your dog(s) must not be left alone in the property. Maintaining our standards is key to our business and we can’t always repair things, it has to be replaced, at your expense. We have a couple of dog beds (on request) and a few throws for you to use. The majority of pubs and restaurants in the area are dog friendly, so that your dog can remain with you. The gravelled garden area in front of the house is fully enclosed so you can relax outside with your dog(s).
- If you are intending to go out for the day and prefer not to take your dog there are local kennels offering a "day boarding" service. For example: BREEZELYN BOARDING KENNELS, TITSON, BUDE EX23 0HH. TEL 01288 361680.
- The dogs are not allowed near or in with the donkeys. We have our own dog, Jessie the springer spaniel. She is shy of other dogs and tends to ignore them, preferring to play ball instead. If you have any issues with her being around, please let us know. She doesn't wander the property but is normally out with us when it's time for a walk or ball and chuck-it.
- Dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms, but are allowed on the sofas provided that you use the throws provided and keep the dog from contact with the soft furnishings. We have provided a stair gate between the kitchen and lounge and there is a door at the bottom of the stairs which will help control where the dog(s) can wander in the property.
- Please thoroughly clean the property, including dog hair from rugs, before you leave; if properties require additional cleaning or dogs have been in the bedrooms, we will charge a £50 fee to cover the cost.