Dog Friendly Bude
Dogs are welcome here at Trevalgas Farm.
- We accept two dogs but may take more by prior arrangement - just send us a message with the size and breed.
- Dogs are charged at £20 each per stay.
- We do not accept dogs under 6 months old.
- The house is spacious therefore there is always a spot for the dog to settle down after a long walk on the beach.
- To the front of the house we have a fenced garden with steps down to a large lawn which is perfect for ball games.
- If that's not enough then we have a stock fenced dog walking field for you to use.
- A part from us taking our springer for a walk, the field is for your sole use.
As a country of dog lovers it’s only natural to bring the dog when you go on holiday and Bude offers so much choice for dog owners. Gone are the days when you were scratching your head trying to find places that welcomed you and your dog.
We’re extremely lucky in Bude to have a mix of completely dog friendly beaches and also those with restrictions. Frequent visitors to Bude may notice some changes to previous years…
Dog Friendly Beaches in Bude
- Northcott Mouth Beach
- Sandymouth Bay
- Duckpool Beach
- Black Rock Beach (south of Widemouth Bay)
- Millook Beach
Seasonal Dog Restrictions apply to:
- Summerleaze Beach (dogs on leads between 10am and 6pm 1st July – 31 August)
Seasonal Dog Bans:
- Crooklets Beach from May 15th to September 30th between 10am and 6pm.
- Widemouth Bay (main beach) from 15th May to 30th September between 10am and 6pm
Outside of these times they are free to roam. Nothing beats walking along the shoreline as the sun goes down watching, your dog playing in the waves or chasing in circles around the beach having a wonderful time.
Many local attractions now allow dogs, which is another reason which dog friendly Bude is so popular.
Generally speaking any attraction that’s animal related do not allow dogs for obvious reasons but all is not lost as they may offer shaded parking, onsite kennels, dog walking nearby or flexibility in returning to your car as often as you need to.
At the end of the day, holidays are for all the family and its never quite the same if someone is missing. So bring your dog with you, they will have more fun visiting dog friendly Bude than staying at home without you.
Here are a few suggestions from us to get you started but its the tip of the iceberg. For more details ask us or head down to the Tourist Office in Bude where they have a variety of leaflets and booklets about local attractions and dog friendly walks.
Dog friendly eating out in Bude
The majority of pubs, cafes and restaurants accept dogs but always check in advance, just to make sure.
"The wonderful garden ( complete with covered dining area) and adjoining field provide an exceptional area for dogs, children and adults alike for ballgames and relaxation."
- Thomas Family
"Location great, pub walkable within 15 minutes and dog friendly! Every where is great for dogs! Simply beautiful place and wanted to keep it a secret!"